Smore’s Cookie Bars
The ultimate smores cookie bars with a graham cracker crust, cookie dough swirled with marshmallows and chocolate, and topped with marshmallows and classic Hershey’s chocolate. Perfect for your next summer gathering!
The Ultimate Smores Cookie Bars
My deep love for cookies and s’mores have collided in all the best ways with this cookie bar. I modified my favorite bakery style chocolate chip cookie recipe, added my favorite graham cracker crust, and folded in the gooey goodness of mini marshmallows and chocolate. These soft cookie bars are perfect for those summer get togethers where you want s’mores but don’t want to stand over a hot fire to get them. Plus, they are SO easy to whip together! Easy, impressive, and delicious all in one.
The layers and steps are simple!
1. Bake graham cracker crust
2. Make cookie dough
3. Fold in marshmallows
4. Press gently into pan
5. Partially bake & then add marshmallows and Hershey’s bars to top
6. Finish baking for a gooey, toasted treat
Watch this quick and easy video tutorial to see how easy it is to make these amazing smores cookie bars. Or check out my Instagram’s IGTV video if you’d prefer to watch it on Instagram.
This cookie bar is so simple and surprisingly quick to throw together, but there are a couple substitutions and other fun ways to bake this delicious treat.
Time crunch? For those in a big time crunch (or zero kitchen mess crunch!), you can buy a graham cracker crust and pre-made cookie dough. For the pre-made cookie dough, you would just fold in the marshmallows as directed and continue to follow the baking directions.
Don’t have Hershey’s bars? I love the classic look the Hershey’s bars bring for s’mores, but if you can’t make it to the store, normal chocolate chips will also be delicious in a pinch.
More fun ways to bake: Baking this in a 9×13 pan makes easy bars for party, but there are other fun ways to use this recipe –
1. Cast iron pan (brings home the real campfire look, taste, and feel)
2. 8×8 pan to cut the recipe in half for those small batch treat days
3. Pie dish (easy if you are using a pre-made graham cracker crust – just note it will probably divide best into 2 pie dishes)
4. Springform pan (for you cookie cake lovers!)
You may also like...
If you make this recipe, make sure you tag @loskitchenco on Instagram and leave a comment below! You can also save for later by clicking the ‘Pin Recipe’ button on the recipe card. Happy baking!
S'mores Cookie Bars
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham crackers (about 14 sheets)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi sweet)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- chocolate bars
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9x13 pan by spraying with nonstick spray. You can also use a cast iron skillet for family sharing style.
- In a food processor blend graham crackers (or mash in a plastic bag) until blended into fine crumbs. Add sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix until evenly combined.
- Press evenly into a 9x13 pan or cast iron pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.*
- Keep oven preheated at 350° F.
- Place cubed butter and sugars into a stand mixer and blend well until butter and sugars are fully incorporated.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the sugar-butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips, and pulse gently until combined. Fold in 2 cups mini marshmallows.
- Gently press the dough on top of the graham cracker crust. Use the back of a spoon or your fingers to press it evenly into place to cover the entire crust.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until it's gently golden. Place the chocolate pieces and additional cup of marshmallows on top of the almost baked cookie. Finish baking for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cookie and marshmallows become a deep golden brown.
- Slice when completely cooled. Store airtight for up to 3 days to keep fresh. You can also freeze for up to 3 months.